What’s the ONE Thing I can do such that by doing it everything else will be easier or unnecessary?
– We tend towards a generic assumption of the durability of social
– We tend even more strongly towards a generic assumption of the
durability of social formations (i.e. assemblages of social structures)
– We tend to miss the origins of social formations in the intended and
unintended consequences of deliberate action, as well as the interactions
– We tend to reason inductively and, in doing so, miss the possibility
that the future will be radically distinct from the past.
– Even if we deny it intellectually, we tend towards exceptionalism in
how we see social formations which are deeply familiar to us.